“Drinking water is essential to a healthy lifestyle.”
It’s cheaper than any fancy anti-ageing product on the planet and the most important component for a healthy body and mind and yet we tend to cut corners when it comes to hydration.
Here’s a list of all the pros…a reminder of why you need to say HELLO to H2O!
- Improves energy levels
- Increases metabolism
- Less cravings
- Less headaches
- Improves mindset and mood
- Improves weight management
- Clear, glowing skin
- Less fatigue
- Improves digestion
…and the list goes on…but lets just say it seriously improves your overall health and wellbeing.
So how much should we be drinking?
Women are generally recommended to drink at least 1.5 litres of water a day and the time of day you consume can also play a role in your overall wellbeing. Here are some tips:
- Two glasses of water after you walk or run can help activate your internal organs.
- A glass of water a half an hour before you eat will help with digestion.
- A glass before you shower will help to lower your blood pressure.
A glass of water (with a dash of lemon and if you can manage to heat it) first thing in the morning before you eat or drink anything else is the perfect start to the day.